At UNSW Hospitality Services your wellbeing is our priority so we’ve implemented rigorous health and safety measures to minimise the risk of COVID-19. As the government change restrictions we will review our service delivery according to the latest advise from Government Health Authorities and UNSW Recovery teams.
Which venues are open?
Currently all Hospitality venues on our campuses are open.
Safe Return to Learn
Each of our venues will have a COVIDSafe Compliance Coordinator overseeing and enforcing our hygiene and safety protocols that have been put in place to protect your health.
Here are the key measures we’ve put in place to protect the health of guests and staff:
- Room layouts allow for adequate physical distancing where practical
- Start, end and breaktimes for events will be staggered to avoid crowding where practical
- Conditions of entry for guests are in place to protect the health of others
- QR codes are no longer required upon entry but event organisers will be asked to gather all attendee details to share with UNSW in the case of a transmission
- Cleaning is conducted more regularly to reduce the risk of transmission, including high touch areas
- Hand sanitising stations are in place throughout all venues
- Catering providers are able to provide all service styles of catering and have implemented their own COVIDSafe plans for UNSW venues
- Signage is throughout the venues to remind guest to follow COVID safe practices
- Staff are required to complete mandatory training
- Compliance Coordinators will oversee and enforce the measures put in place
Best Practice Guide for Event Organisers
Consider these recommendations and current restrictions when planning your event, help protect the health of others and save lives by safely meeting face to face.
We have expanded our audio visual services to support your virtual event needs. Please contact our staff for further information.